Who we serve
We look forward to serving you!
Faculty/Staff/Public are able to contact us and schedule an appointment for speech/language or audiology services. We typically set up an evaluation first, the exception being someone who has completed recent testing at another facility and qualifies for speech/language services based on the scores they received on testing at that site. This is only known after we receive permission to share information with the other site. Families of faculty/staff and students are certainly welcome. We want to serve and support our University family.
- University Employees
- University Students
- The Public
Our evaluations and therapy in speech and language are conducted by students under the supervision of licensed and American Speech Language Hearing Association certified speech pathologist. The audiology clinic services are completed by licensed and certified audiologists.
- Adult Hearing Evaluation
- Child Hearing Evaluation/Oto-acoustic Emission (OAE) Testing
(OAE testing is an objective test measure that gives information about the outer hair cells of the inner ear)
- OAE Evaluation
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR)/OAE Evaluation
(ABR testing is an objective test measure that gives information about hearing sensitivity by measuring the cochlea and acoustic nerve).
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) Evaluation
(APD is when the brain does not know what to do with the auditory input). This testing includes both audiology and language testing over 5 separate appointments.
- Hearing Screenings
- Hearing Aid sales and service
- Checks and In-house Repairs (free)
- Sedated ABR at Baptist Memorial Hospital— North MS
- Auditory Training
Speech/Language Evaluations and Therapy are available for disorders:
- Expressive and receptive language, developmental and acquired
- Stuttering and other fluency disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation (completing therapy for individuals with a hearing loss to get the maximum function of their residual hearing)
- Adult Neurological Rehabilitation
- Augmentative Communication
- Dysphagia (swallowing)
- Dialect Reduction
We take care of children and their families from the initial diagnosis through any treatment in conjunction with the State of Mississippi Early Intervention Program. Grant funding allows us to provide evaluation services free of charge to children from birth to their 3rd birthday. Home-based speech/language services are also available.
For children with hearing loss we are able to provide parent education and contact with other parents of hearing impaired children.
The HILL program at The University of Mississippi provides intensive language therapy to young children with moderate to severe language disorders.
- Faculty/Staff, Retired Faculty/Staff, their spouse, and dependent children receive a 50% discount on all speech and audiology services and a 10% discount on the purchase of hearing aids.
- Currently enrolled UM Students received a 100% discount and their dependent children receive a 50% discount on all speech and audiology services and a 10% discount on the purchase of hearing aids.